The Vine and the Branches

Our Monday morning men's Bible study started John 15 this morning. It was exhilarating for me to think about 16 men really excited about considering the implications and the applications of the Vine and the branches. It could be a life changing and a church changing experience. I did not send my email to Kevin Forrester, the teacher who founded the study, yet, but I will formally apologize to him in writing soon. I always gave him a hard time for not covering much material each session. However, today I failed to finish the second verse, so I have no right to talk about anyone being slow. To my defense it was the magnitude of the discussion by the men that kept us in the first two verse. They were really into it, and they were ready to share their insights and there hearts about God's Word. It was great.

How about you? What do you think of the Vine, the True Vine? How has He changed your everyday life as a branch? Are you a branch or a disconnected stick? That is a question for serious consideration, isn't it? What kind of fruit do you have? How do you know it is fruit from Him? There is so much to pray about, and it is so vital to our lives. I will try to keep you updated on our studies of this chapter of God's Word. Even if you can't join us at 5 AM, why don't you take a while to study it and meditate on it, too? It will be a great blessing.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 27-29 and Luke 13:1-22.

Popular Posts