No Need to Fear

As I have been reading the end of Numbers and the beginning of Deuteronomy, I have been struck by the number of times the Lord told the people not to fear. I have known those verses and that truth for a long time, but this time the Lord emphasized it to me in His own wonderful way. (Deuteronomy 3:22) It is a great comfort to me that God does not want me to be hindered by fear. He wants me to depend on Him, knowing that He fights for me, when I am doing His will. What a fantastic way to live!

The world talks about no fear, but fear is only cast out by perfect love of God. When I know how much He loves me, then, I can return that loves the best I can, and I can know that I can trust Him to protect me and to fight for me since He loves me enough to die for me. Therefore, overcoming fear is the result of godly love. That is how God loved Israel, and that is how God loves His children today. Just like I told the North Henry Academy chapel last Thursday, God does not want our lives to be ruled by fear. When we know Christ, He gives us the spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (II Timothy 1:7) I pray that you will know the love of God that sets you free from fear.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 5-7 and Mark 11:1-18.

Popular Posts