Complacency

One of the easiest things to do in life is to become complacent. Spiritual complacency is the root of all kinds of sin. I have often said that we can't stay the same spiritually. We are either growing or declining in our relationship with the Lord. Think about it. Each day brings a new phase in any relationship, human or spiritual. To neglect the relationship causes it to wane. That is what happens when we become complacent in our relationship with Christ.

The main type of spiritual complacency that concerns me today is the lack of urgency for the unbelievers around us. Why are Christians so willing to forget about their fellow man when it comes to salvation? Why do we relax when our spiritual destiny is sealed? I am not the evangelist that I ought to be, but I pray that I never become complacent in this area. Jesus died for me, but not just for me. He died for the sins of the whole world, and now that I know Him, it is my privilege to lead others to the same joy I have found in Him. In fact, it is my responsibility and every Christian's responsibility. I believe with all of my heart that the greatest sense of pain I will feel when I face the Lord's judgment of my life is the pain of seeing those I should have told about Jesus who ended up in Hell. I pray that I will never get over the dread of that thought. I pray that it will continue to inspire me to pursue unbelievers for Christ until the day I die.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 31-33 and Mark 9:1-29.

Popular Posts