God has a Good Sense of Humor

Here it is the two busiest weeks of the Spring for our church family, and I get sick. I can just see God smiling in Heaven. He is waiting to see how I will react to being weak when the Strength Team is coming and Easter is on the way. I am not upset at all. I have to give it to the Lord, because He really knows how to teach a lesson. I told you that I needed to do less myself. Well, this time I will have to do less, unless I make a miraculous recovery. I think I must have the flu. I am so achy and weak. This way God ensured that He would get all of the glory for what I would have tried to do myself, and I will have to enlist folks to help me even more. You got me Lord, and I appreciate it very much. II Corinthians 12:9 says that God's grace is sufficient for me, and His strength is made perfect in weakness. In fact, verse 10 says when I am weak, then, I am strong. That doesn't make sense except when we are dealing with the Lord who has a sense of humor. He loves for people to be amazed at Him, not at me. That is what I want, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 8-10 and Mark 11:19-33.

Popular Posts