Deacons

As a pastor, it is such a delight to have a group of godly men as deacons, who want nothing more than to honor the Lord by their service for Him. That is what we have at NHBC. We had our regular meeting tonight, and it was a blessing to me. I have been the pastor at NHBC for 7 years now, and almost every meeting has been the same. I look around the room and see the faces of dedicated Christian gentlemen, who want to support me and do what it takes to make the church grow and prosper. That means so much to me personally and to the church family as a whole.

Jesus is the Head of the church. The church belongs to Him, because He bought it with His blood. We are all His servants. God intends for us all to be a team following His commands. When the staff and the deacons set the example of service, it spreads to the whole church family. When the deacons have a godly attitude, it is contagious. I praise God that we have deacons who lead by example. They are not perfect, none of us are perfect. However, they realize what is important, and they do their part. It is my prayer that every church could have deacons like we have at NHBC.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 25-26 and Matthew 20:17-34.

Popular Posts