February 17, 2006 - Leviticus 21-22 and Matthew 28

We arrived in Santo Domingo in the afternoon on February 16, and we had a great dinner at the pastor's home with the church members. The Dominicans eat very late, so we did not get to bed until about 11:30 PM. Then, when I got up at about 6 AM, I had a few problems. The light was very dim, and there was not a good quiet place to spend some time with the Lord. I had to just do the best I could. I am happy to say that each morning, I was able to to spend a meaningful time with the Lord in spite of the change in hours and the other problems. It did give me a great appreciation for my quiet place at home.

Leviticus 21 and 22 speak of the rules for the priests and the sacrifices. It reminds me that God has a higher standard for those who serve Him as minsters. We are not any different from other people as far as being better, but we are to be totally set apart for Him. It is a privilege to be called by God to minister in His name. Therefore, I gladly accept His leadership in being faithful to Him.

Matthew 28 contains the Great Commission. That was God's main message to me when I read the Word. What a blessing to read this the first day of our mission trip. It showed me how God was faithful to allow us to reach out around the world to make disciples. If we prayerfully seek His will, He allows us to go places and to encounter people who need to know Jesus all over the world. He enables us to expand His kingdom by helping churches in various places, too. I just spent some time thanking God for this blessing. Then, I prayed again for Him to bless our mission trip week in the Dominican Republic.

Popular Posts