February 22, 2006 - Numbers 3-4 and Mark 3:20-35

I read these two passages on the last day of our trip. As I did my mind turned to Pastor Ernesto and his wife Sabina. I thought of their faithfulness to serve the Lord in difficult circumstances. I thought of all of their hard work over the years. Still they had not yet seen a great move of God. I was sure it was discouraging for them. However, I thank God for their faithfulness. My heart goes out to them and to all of the members of Iglesia Bautista Sola Escritura.

Numbers 3 and 4 speak of the tribe of Levi and their service to the Lord. Each one had his place of service, and if it was all done according to God's plan, there would be order and God's blessing. Today, we are all priests before God. We all have a place of service. Yes, there are some who are pastors and full time servants, while there are many who have not been called to full time service. That does not change the truth, though. Each believer has a job to do in God's kingdom. It is a beautiful thing to see all of the members of a church pull together to do God's will. I pray that for Sola Escritura and for North Henry. That is God's ideal for every church.

Mark 3 also speaks of unity in defeating Satan. We must not allow Satan to deceive us into blaspheming the Spirit. That sin can't be forgiven. It is the ultimate in rejecting God. We must attack Satan in the unity of God's Spirit as brothers and sisters in Christ. Then, the kingdom of God can be expanded and Satan's kingdom can be defeated.

Remember, tomorrow I intend to read Numbers 12-14 and Mark 5:21-43.

Popular Posts