Constantly Looking to the Lord

Where is your focus all day long? That is a very important question for all of us. If we are not focusing on the Lord constantly, we will be susceptible to falling into Satan' nets and snares, which he sets for us. However, if our eyes are ever toward the Lord, He will pluck our feet out of the nets to keep us safe. (Psalm 25:15) This truth could be the answer to the constant troubles we have in our lives.

I am not suggesting that anyone lives without trials and troubles. Those things are part of our lives on this earth. God sends some of them to make us stronger. However, whether the trials come from God or Satan, we must be constantly looking to the Lord for guidance, or we will be overcome, instead of being overcomers. Think of life like a mine field put out by the enemy. Soldiers have to walk so carefully, making sure they stay way from the deadly mines. That is the picture here in Psalm 25, except it says that there are nets to trap us. If we have our eyes on the Lord, He will guide us around the nets, or if we are putting our foot into a net, He can stop us and pluck it out.

I have stepped into many of Satan's nets in my life by saying or doing the wrong thing in the wrong way at the wrong time. However, I have seen this truth, and I can vouch for it now. When I keep my eyes on the Lord, He delivers me from the nets of the Devil, one way or another. That is what He wants to do for all of us all the time, if we will just keep our eyes on Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 26-28.

Popular Posts