So Much Wealth

I had a very nice dinner at a Japanese restaurant in Southlake Texas this evening with Lori, Jeff, Kade, and Avenly. It had both sushi and Hibachi, so we had some of each. I did not eat the sushi, though. We actually had a cook from Tokyo, so Lori and Jeff were able to converse with him in Japanese. He was a nice guy, and he put on a good show for us while he cooked.

I don't think I have ever been to Southlake. We had to drive north through Keller and then east to the town of Southlake. I have been in Dallas/Ft Worth many times, but tonight I was amazed at the wealth we passed as we drove. We passed every kind of business and restaurant you can think of, and they all seemed to be doing well, except for a few. Then, when we arrived at the area in which the restaurant was located, there was about 5 square blocks of shops and restaurants of all shapes and sizes. Many of them were expensive shops, too. It was all so shiny and attractive, People were drawn from miles around. In America we have so much wealth. It is the opposite of much of the rest of the world. I have nothing against people working hard to have nice things, but I think many people cross the line into being materialistic. We have so much material wealth.

What if we had that much spiritual wealth? It would be such a powerful country if we put as much emphasis and effort on spiritual things and growing in the Lord as we do material things. I think God would honor that so much more than our materialism. After all the material things will soon be gone, but the spiritual things will last forever.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 1-4.

Popular Posts