My Father's Love

Today we celebrated my father's 80th birthday. We took the opportunity to have a party for him and for Chris and Jeff before the Loomis's went to Texas, but today is his birthday. We had a nice dinner and a good visit together. It is such a blessing for Dad and Mom to be in good health and to be close by.

I know it is his birthday, but my thoughts turned to my life, too. I have known the love of my father every day of my life. How many 54 year old men in the USA can make that statement in 2010? I don't think there is a very high percentage who have had that blessing. I praise God that He has blessed me with an excellent father and allowed him to be in my life for so long. It really makes it so much easier for me to relate to my Heavenly Father. I have no doubts about His love for me, because my earthly father has loved me so much.

However, the truth of God's love is the same for all of us whether we had a loving father in our lives or not. God is with us, and He loves us, even if we don't love him back. That is His promise, and He never lies. I hope you will draw near to your Heavenly Father through knowing Jesus Christ. Then, you can say that for the rest of eternity, you will never know a day without the love of your Father.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 38-40.

Popular Posts