Who will win the presidency?

I have been watching the election results, as I imagine many people have been doing this evening. The question in every one's mind is, "Who will win?" It is still too early to know which candidate will win, but the Bible tells us who will win. Romans 13:1 is clear that the one appointed by God to be the president will win. I know that is hard for some people to believe, but it is true. God may give us the best person, or He may give us who we deserve. He may give us the one He wants, or He may give us the one we want. Whatever happens, the results will have been appointed by God.

Some people fear what will happen if an anti-Christian president is elected in America. I am sure things would change, but I am encouraged by the fact that China has the fastest church growth rate in the world, and they have the most anti-Christian government, also. God can use the situation in a country to wake people up, and that is needed in the USA and in many countries of the world.

My prayer is that no matter who wins, we will have a Great Awakening in the USA and in the world. Jesus is the answer to our needs and problems, not a particular candidate or party. In fact, we, as Christians, have erred by backing political parties. It is fine to be active in politics and to be a member of a political party. However, all the while we must be there to represent Christ, not a party. Jesus is the solution. I pray we all will look to Him as our Lord and Provider.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 34-36 and Hebrews 2.

Popular Posts