Answers to Prayer

We have been praying for Jim Henry III for more than a week now. His kidneys had shut down because of medications for his Cystic Fibrosis. The doctors said that there was a chance they would start again, but we knew that God could start them, so we began to pray. Today, we received word from Eugenia, his mother, that the blood levels were going down, so his kidneys were beginning to function. I thank the Lord for His gracious answer to our prayers.

At prayer meeting tonight we received a praise report from a grandmother whose grandson accepted Christ at the concert Sunday night. What a blessing! You know that family has been praying for him for a while.

These are just two answers I heard about today. Each day there are many more answered prayers that I might not hear about, but God works in the lives of people all around me. The truth is that God always answers prayer. It may not be in the way I think He should, but He answers in His will. However, the Bible is clear that we have not, because we do not ask, so it is very important for us to pray consistently and fervently. When was the last time God showed you an answer to one of your prayers? I hope you will receive many answers because of your faith and faithfulness to pray.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 37-39 and Hebrews 3.

Popular Posts