Interruptions and Distractions

Life is filled with interruptions and distractions. That is what makes it difficult for me. I feel like I have a good grasp of what God wants me to do as a pastor, a husband, and a father. The challenge is to keep focused on the most important things. This world is so busy. It is very easy to get distracted by the things of this world. There are many things that interrupt me in the course of doing God's will. It is difficult to keep going all the way to the finish. I pray about it every morning. God helps me, but I feel such an urgency to see God move in the lives of the people around me and in the church.

Jesus felt the same urgency. When it came time for him to go to the Cross, the Bible says He set His face to go to Jerusalem. He would not let anything deter Him. He still did ministry on His journey, but He would not let interruptions and distractions keep Him from doing God's will. I want to be able to be like Jesus in that way. I want God to help me more and more to be able to set my face to do His will, no matter what happens along the way.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 46-47 and Hebrews 6.

Popular Posts