Finding New Strength

  God has given us a lot of promises in His Word. Each one of them should be precious to us. We should mark them, remember them, and live expecting God to fulfill His promises, because He is always faithful. Some of His promises are more personal to us because we receive them at a time in our life when we need what He has promised. Today, we will consider a promise that is very personal for me at this point in my life and ministry. I pray it will be a great blessing for you, as well.

God knows that life is hard for us. He knows we can't do it on our own, as I have said many times. He wants to help us, so He gives us this promise. (Isaiah 40:31) "But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." I believe we all need new strength or renewed strength at particular times in our life. Therefore, we need to heed this admonition and trust in this promise.

The word "trust" is translated "wait" in some translations. Both are correct. We just have to understand what the Lord is trying to get across to us. When we come to the place where we need God's directions and His provision, we need to trust Him or depend on Him by waiting for Him to show us His will, His way to do His will, and His timing. So, waiting on the Lord is part of trusting Him. We can't run ahead of Him in our own strength and accomplish what He has for us to do. This is difficult at times, but we can do it, if we really trust God.

I am at a point in my life where my time as pastor of North Henry Baptist Church is drawing to a conclusion. I have been praying for God to reveal to me what He wants me to do next. So far, I have not received a clear word from the Lord on this. Therefore, I am praying daily and waiting for Him to show me. I know He will answer me in His way and in His time. I am looking forward to the new strength He will give me to accomplish His will, and I am committed to using that strength for His honor and glory. I know God will do that for all of us if we will just trust Him.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 41-43.