David's Heart, God's Heart

When can we say that we ever truly have God's heart? I believe it happens most often when we are dealing with our children. We love them enough to sacrifice for them, and even to die for them. This was the heart David showed for his rebellious son, Absalom. When his son was killed in battle, David lamented his death by crying out to God and saying, "O my son Absalom - my son my son Absalom - if only I had died in your place...." (II Samuel 18:33)

On this Easter Sunday 2016 it would do us all good to remember that Jesus loved us all, even the rebellious ones, so much that He died in our place. He shed His blood to pay for our sins, and He took the full punishment of God against our sins for us. Then, He arose the third day to show that He had won the victory over sin and Satan, once and for all.

I pray that we would have God's heart for a lost world like Jesus did, so that we would give our time, energy, and money to see people come to know Jesus, trusting Him as Lord of their lives. Then, if God ever called on us to give our lives for the sake of the gospel, we would be willing to die for others to know Jesus, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Samuel 21-23.

Popular Posts