Talking with God Face to Face

I have met so many people who have told me that they have trouble knowing when God is speaking to them. This is a very serious situation. God not only speaks to us, He speaks with us. In fact, there are times when He speaks to us face to face like a man speaking to his friend. That is the way God spoke with Moses.(Exodus 33:9,11) We should all aspire to be able to speak to God in that intimate way.

I believe God spoke to Moses as a friend, because they had a very close personal relationship. Moses was humble. He spoke his heart to the Lord. He trusted the Lord to lead Him and show Him the truth. God responded by speaking with Him directly and clearly.

When people ask me how I know when God is speaking to me, I ask them, "How do you know when I am speaking with you on the phone?" They usually respond that they know my voice. I tell them that they know my voice because they have heard it enough to recognize it. The same is true with God. We have a conscience that speaks to us, which is basically us talking to ourselves. We have Satan and his demons speaking to us. Then, we have the Lord speaking to us. We have to listen so intently that we discern which one is the Lord, and then, we must obey what He says every time He speaks.  If we do that, God will speak with us. Yes, we will be able to have conversations with the Lord. The more we hear Him, the easier it will be to hear Him the next time. The more we know Him, the more we know what to say to Him. The more He sees our heart is humble and set on Him, the more He will speak to us like a friend speaks to us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 34-36.

Popular Posts