The Second Coming of Christ

I spoke to the students in our academy this morning, as I usually do on Thursdays. I am letting the middle school students submit questions for me to answer for a few weeks. The question for today was on the rapture, so we studied what the Bible says about the second coming of Christ.

I gave them plenty of time to ask other questions, and they asked more questions than in any other chapel so far this year. That is usually what happens when the topic is the end of time. People of all ages have a lot of questions about the details.

However, when we read the Bible, it is obvious that the Lord doesn't want us to dwell on the details. He wants us to be ready, because He could come at any minute. The apostle Paul was watching for Jesus to return, and we should be doing the same thing. The main detail is our relationship with Christ, because only those who know Him will go with Him when the rapture happens.

Don't get me wrong, I love to study the Bible in detail. However, it would be a terrible tragedy for someone to know the facts about the second coming, but not know the Lord. In fact, it is our daily walk with Him that will keep us watching to see the signs for His coming. Everyone else will be caught by surprise.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 5-8.
February 17 – Psalm 139:23-24
Ask God to search your heart and to show you specific sins which need to be cleansed. Ask Him to show you what to do about each one to make it right and to put it behind you.

Popular Posts