No Partiality nor Bribes with God

I smiled when I read Deuteronomy 10:17 this morning in my unhurried time. It caused me to have a flash-back to my first pastorate. I drove up to visit an unbeliever, and he was outside in the yard. He said he was talking with God, but God told him He does not make deals. No truer words have ever been spoken.

Moses told the people in Deuteronomy 10:17 that God shows no partiality and takes no bribes. Moses was saying the same thing my unsaved friend told me that day. God will not pay attention to anything except the condition of our hearts. He doesn't care what we look like or where are from. There is no bribe we can give for our souls. It is all only by grace through faith in Christ.

God is totally fair. No one pulls the wool over His eyes. No one slides Him any money to get into Heaven, as a man suggested to me he would do when the time came to go into eternity. God judges each of us the same. It soothes my soul to know this. I am tired of human justice and corruption. I am glad we have a perfect Judge.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 13-15.
February 19 – Acts 3:19; 26:20
Repentance is a change of mind that results in a change of behavior. We must repent before God can bring times of refreshing into our lives. Determine to repent of specific sins and let God give you the power to do His will.

Popular Posts