Having Coffee With Jesus

I don't go to Starbucks or a fancy coffee shop very often, because I am too frugal. That means cheap. However, I do splurge sometimes and stop in for a non-fat Chai Latte. As you may know, I like tea more than coffee. Then, I sit and try to drink it slowly, enjoying every sip.

It is a special treat to meet someone for such a treat and get to visit with a friend at the same time as enjoying the spiced Chai. When that happens, we can sit and have a relaxing conversation. We sit in those comfortable chairs or at one of those small tables, so we can exchange personal comments or maybe reminisce about the past. You ought to try it sometime.

Today, as I was reading an email from the International Mission Board, I ran across a blog with a video about having coffee with Jesus. Instead of a relaxed, enjoyable time. It was rushed and stressed out. The person meeting with Jesus had so much work to do that he could only think of that, not meeting with His Lord. He missed out on an important time with the One who cares for Him most of all and the One who could help him with all of that work.

Which one of these scenarios describes your time with the Lord? I pray we will all make it a priority to sit with Jesus in an unhurried time each day to gain insight and strength for our way. It is a great pleasure, and He is always ready to meet you.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 44-46.

Popular Posts