The Winning Team

In my unhurried time this morning I read Revelation 17 and the book of Haggai. I am almost finished with reading through the Bible again this year. It is always a blessing, but each year it is different. The Lord is always able to make His Living Word speak to me in new ways every time I read it. This year has been no exception. I would highly recommend that you make it a habit to read the entire counsel of God from His Word each year of your life.

Revelation 17 tells of what I believe to be the Tribulation period at the end of this age before the Millennial reign of Christ on the earth. The chapter begins with a symbolic presentation of the beast and the great harlot. I think these represent the Antichrist and the false church. The fourteenth verse tells us that both of them will wage war against the Lamb, Jesus, but He will overcome them, because He is the Lord of lords and the King of kings. They are no match for the all-powerful Jesus.

However, the last clause caught my attention this time. It says, "... and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful." It is speaking about all of the saints returning with Jesus, when He wipes out His enemies. We will be there to see this awesome sight. The thing that got to me was that it would even mention us believers. Jesus doesn't need us to help Him win the victory. We are just on the winning team on which the Most Valuable Player takes care of the opponents all by Himself. What a picture these words bring to mind! We will be witnesses to one of the greatest victories of history, when Jesus puts all of the enemies under His feet. Then, we will reign with Christ on earth for 1,000 years.

I am so glad to be on the winning team. I hope you have joined the team by grace through faith in Jesus as Lord of lords and King of kings. Once you see you are on the wrong team, you need to admit your need of salvation, turn away from your sins, and put your trust in Jesus as Lord of your life. Then, He drafts you to be on His team for eternity.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Zechariah 1-4 and Revelation 18.

Popular Posts