Christmas 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

As I write this letter to you, I have already filled out the Christmas cards and addressed most of the envelopes. Going through the lists from the previous years was very nostalgic. I thought of each of you, as well as many who are not here with us any more. The process brought me a flood of memories and the desire to be able to visit with each of you. Since that is impossible right now, I am writing to let you know a little about our lives. I pray that God is blessing you and your family abundantly. I hope you have a meaningful celebration of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We have experienced so many wonderful blessings from the Lord this year that I hardly know where to begin. Chris and I have been fully immersed in being Gran and Grandad to our three grandchildren for most of 2009. This has been added to our regular ministries through the church, so we have been extremely busy. Jacob was born on February 23. Dixie had to have a C-section a bit early because of elevated blood pressure, but both she and Jacob came through very well. Then, Jeff and Lori came home on stateside assignment from Japan for a year on June 3. We have been able to enjoy Lori, Jeff, Kade and Avenly for 6 quick months. John and Gao Foua have been able to come down from Aliquippa, PA several times, and we have had the whole family together for the first time in a while. My parents have spent a lot of time with us, too. They are doing well, as is Chris’s mother. She has been here since November. Can you tell our house has been a wild and crazy place? It is active right now, but it will slow down a little when the Loomis’s move to Fort Worth, Texas after Christmas Day. I would imagine we will be going to Texas a few times before they return to Japan in May.

The best thing that I can tell you is that all of our children love the Lord, and they are seeking His will for their lives. I can’t express to you what a blessing that is to Chris and me. God is blessing our church family, too. We are seeing people come to know Jesus, and the believers are growing in Him. The economic times are hard, but God is an excellent provider.

I hope you will join us on Facebook, or send us an email from time to time, so we can keep up with each other all year long, instead of just at Christmas. Chris’s email is cbjordan@bellsouth.net, and mine is revjsjordan@bellsouth.net. Also, you can keep up with Jeff and Lori and their ministry in Japan at www.jeffnlori.org. John and Gao Foua have a blog about their ministry in Aliquippa, too: www.johnandgaofoua.wordpress.com. Please, remember to keep all of us in your prayers. I try to pray for each of you as often as possible in my time with the Lord. I pray you will have a great 2010!

In Christ’s Love,
Stan and Chris

Tomorrow, I intend to read Haggai and Revelation 17.

Popular Posts