Hanging out with the Boss

Today, I hung out with Kade for several hours. We had a good time. I picked him up from school. He was wearing his backpack loaded with his school stuff. He had his hood on, but his jacket was just hanging behind him. He was carrying a white bag full of goodies. I guess that was from a Thanksgiving party. As I was trying to herd him toward the car, Kade told he very directly, "I have to carry my bag with two hands." That was his reason for not holding my hand. I hope he was at least following his teacher's directions.

We went home for lunch, and Kade ate a bowl of grandma's chicken gumbo. It hit the spot, so he washed it down with some apple juice. Then, we set out for Sam's Club to do some shopping. He told me, at first, that he did not want to go shopping, so I had to tell him that we were going whether he wanted to go or not. (That's what his parents have told me to do in that situation.) When we arrived he wanted to ride in the cart, so I obliged his desire, and we were off. At the first aisle I started reading some of the labels, and Kade said, "We can't stay here all day." I assured him that we would not be there that long. We got back to the grocery section, and they were giving samples. We had hit the jackpot for a 4 year old, as well as some of the senior citizens. There was a sample of a frosted cinnamon roll. Kade said it was yummy. Then, there was ham with mashed potatoes and gravy. There were two types of cheese and crackers, and finally, a cup of hot chocolate. I was hoping he would not get sick, or I would be in trouble with Chris.

When we left the store, he announced to me that it was snack time. I told him that he had just had a lot of snacks. He was undeterred. He told me that all of that was just more lunch, so now he needed a snack. I relented, and we went to Quick Trip. He picked out a bag of candy corn. He assured me that candy corn was his favorite. As we left, and older man sitting in his car saw us, as I was putting Kade in his seat. He said, "I see you have the boss with you." I replied, "Yes, I need someone to tell me what to do." He laughed, and we went on our way.

We made it home, and praise God, he did not ever get sick. He played outside while I did some chores. Then, we ate supper. We had a good afternoon together. It was a blessing to be with the boss.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 16-17 and James 3.

Popular Posts