God's Miraculous Protection

Sunday morning I was handed a note by Donna asking me to pray for a 5 year old who had been run over by a car. There were no details of the accident, but he was the son of one of the Scout leaders, who was on a camping trip with his older son. I led the church in prayer for him before my message and again that evening.

On Tuesday when I returned from my guys trip with Jeff and Kade, I had a praise and thanksgiving email. The little boy only had a few scraps and bruises and a small bump on his head. It was a fantastic answer to our prayers.

The boy was outside of the church building when a small truck pulled into a parking place. The driver hit the curb, and evidently was startled, so he tried to push the brake quickly. In his haste he hit the gas pedal instead, so the truck went over the curb, rolled over the boy's torso, and then, it rolled over his head before stopping. The child was taken to the hospital, but they found no injuries outside of the minor ones I mentioned, so they sent him home after tests and observation. Now, that is a miracle!

We don't hear of things like that often, but it makes me think about the times when God protects us supernaturally, even though we don't know what He has done. He protects us from other drivers or from those who would do us harm. He gives His angels orders to take care of us. We should all be thankful for the miraculous protection of God each day.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 11-13 and James 1.

Popular Posts