Being Manipulated

I don't think anyone likes to be manipulated by another person. I know I don't like it, whether it is a Christian or a non-Christian, someone I know or someone I don't know. I don't even like the feeling that I am being manipulated. Therefore, I try very hard not to manipulate people. I want to help people, and I want to lead them to be motivated by God to do the right thing. I do not want them to do anything just because I want them to do it. I want them to do it because they love the Lord, and they want to do His will. Sadly, that is lacking in our world today.

If I feel that way about being manipulated, what do you think God thinks about it? I think He knows that anyone who thinks he or she can manipulate Him is a fool. He will not be manipulated. He is God, and He always does the right thing because it is the right thing. He never does it from outside coercion or manipulation. In fact, He does not manipulate or coerce people Himself. That is how much He hates it. He leads us, but in the end it is up to us to choose.

Why don't people understand that truth? Why do they try to get their way by using people and stretching the truth? Why do they try to hide the truth from certain people and plant their spin on the facts to get their way? I am sure it has to do with pride and selfishness, but it is very wrong. One day they will have a rude awakening, when they stand before a God who will not be manipulated, and He shows them how they tried to live by manipulation to get there way, and He calls it all sin. I pray that we will repent of manipulation and be honest with God and others, as we try to do God's will, instead of our own will.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Leviticus 6-7 and Matthew 25:1-30.

Popular Posts