God's Word is Our Food

When I was growing up, my mom would prepare all kinds of delicious food for me and our family. I loved to eat it. It was a delight to come home and see what she had prepared. Then, I would eat as much of it as I could. In fact, I ate way too much of it. I was quite a bit overweight. However, the foods she fixed were so good, I had a hard time not eating too much. Jeremiah was the same way when it came to God's Word. It was his food. It was a delight to him, and it brought Him joy, since it was His Father's food prepared just for him. (Jeremiah 15:16) I pray that we all will have Jeremiah's attitude toward the Word of God. It will do us much good if we will.

God has given us His inspired words in the Bible, so we do not have to search for our food. However, we do have to get the Bible out and read it to receive our nourishment. When we do that, we will taste and see that is it very good food for us. We will begin to delight in it, so that we would not miss a day of eating it. We will begin to have the joy of the Lord well up in our hearts, because of the wonderful morsels of truth we digest. We will experience the Father's love for us, as His children. We will marvel at the delicious food He has prepared for us and how it never fails to satisfy us, no matter what we need for our life.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Jeremiah 17-19.

Popular Posts