Understanding and Trust

If you have to understand everything about life, God, and this world before you will trust Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will never be saved from your sins. Solomon came to understand that even he, as the wisest man who ever lived, would never understand all the work of God in this world.(Ecclesiastes 8:17) If he could not, we certainly should not expect to understand all of the how's and why's of what God does. Our part is to know the Lord, so that we can trust Him to do the right thing and to lead us in the right way.

I am personally glad that I figured out what Solomon was saying here years ago. It is very freeing. I know I will never understand people fully. I will never understand world events and politics fully. I will never see what God is doing to bring His will to completion in the world fully. However, with His Word and the power of the Holy Spirit I know plenty to trust Him and to trust the Lord Jesus who died for me and rose again. Once I understood this, my trust became even more complete.All I am responsible for is following Him. I don't have to see where I am going or why. All I have to do is allow Him to use me. Then, I get the joy of knowing Him and doing His will, without having the stress of figuring it all out. I pray each of us can come to that place like Solomon did in his pursuit for the meaning of life, but I pray we learn to trust God much more than Solomon because he failed in that area of his life in his latter years.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ecclesiastes 10-12.

Popular Posts