Seek the Lord, the Solution for Complacency

Zephaniah points out one of the greatest challenges we have as people and as Christians, complacency. People find it easy to get into a rut in life. We just don't like change, because we want to be comfortable. The problem is that once we quit changing we quit growing, and we should never stop growing. The solution for complacency is to seek the Lord.(Zephaniah 2:3) He will never let us get comfortable in our sin and in our flesh.

I like my routine, but even a routine can be bad. If I ever think that I am where I need to be spiritually, so that I can rest from seeking God, I am right where Satan wants me to be. He can begin to draw me away from God's will, if I am comfortable, and I not growing. It is good to be content. However, contentment can still strive for more in a righteous way that honors God in all we do.

Therefore, let's heed the warning of Zephaniah 1:12,13 and the rest of the Bible. Let's spend time praying and reading God's Word each day. Let's ask Him what we should do and how we need to grow. He will show us, and we will never be punished for complacency.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Haggai 1-2 and Zechariah 1.

Popular Posts