Trusting God More and More

Life is a journey, and the journey has a lot of ups and downs. In every part of the journey of life we meet new challenges, as we have new experiences. In all of these situations God comes to us to reveal Himself as the One who can provide whatever we need.

I remember the day I got the call from the doctor telling me that I had prostate cancer. That was the first time that I was sure I needed God to be my healer. I began to pray, and He showed me that He was working all things together for my good. He did not take away the cancer, but He caused me to find it early, so the surgeon could cut it out. It wasn't the most fun thing I have every experienced. I went home with a catheter for 12 days, so I learned to carry my "purse" around. However, it was not so bad, because God walked with me through it all. I knew how to walk with Him before the cancer, so I just kept going on with Him through every new adventure.

That is life. It is walking with God through whatever happens. He doesn't take away all of the bad stuff, but He gives us His strength and grace to face it all. Then, when we trust Him for the need we have, He shows us how He is going to make it all work together for our good.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 125-127.

Popular Posts