What If You Met The President?

One day when I was a student at Baylor University, I was walking across the campus when a crowd of people gathered along the street. Then, a black limousine turned the corner. I asked what was going on, and someone said President Ford was speaking in Waco Hall. I hoped to get a glimpse of him before he entered the building. However, they stopped the car, and he got out. He shook hands with people all the way down the block. I was one who was able to reach out and touch his hand. I will never forget that experience of meeting the president, even if it was just a handshake.

What if you met the president? What if you had a relationship with him? Would you tell everyone you know? I think most of us would do that. It is a big deal to know the most powerful man in the world. However, the same should be true for those of us who know Jesus. He is God, the most powerful Being in the universe. We ought to be overflowing with joy, because we know Him, and we have a relationship with Him. We need to tell everyone we can, so they can know Him, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 105-107.

Popular Posts