Preparing for the Ministry

It was August of 1973 that I loaded up the '63 Studebaker and went to Baylor University in Waco Texas to prepare for the ministry to which God had called me. Some time before that I told my pastor, Bro. J C Arwood, that I felt the call to the ministry, and Peachcrest Baptist Church voted to affirm my call and license me to the ministry. Ever since then, my life has been spent in His service for His glory.

Tonight, our church family went on record to affirm the call to the ministry of Kyle Denton, one of the young men in our church, so he can enroll in New Orleans Theological Seminary and begin his preparation for the ministry. Kyle is a part of our worship team, and he helps lead in the youth ministry under our associate pastor, Steve Smith. Both Steve and I have been thrilled to see Kyle make this commitment, because we know how fulfilling it is to follow the Lord's call.

I once heard it said like this, "If you can do anything else other than the ministry and be happy, do it." However, Steve, Kyle, and I know that we could never be happy doing anything else, because God has spoken to our hearts and called us into His ministry. What a joy it is to serve Him and to give ourselves away for others to know Him and to grow in Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 9-11.

Popular Posts