Godly Love For Others

I have done two weddings in less than two weeks. In both ceremonies I read from the "love" chapter in the Bible, I Corinthians 13. That along with some other things that have happened have caused me to think about how I love other people. Of course, the Lord wants me to love them as He does. He loves in deed and in truth. He loves with a pure "agape" love. The only way I can do that is in the power of the Spirit as I allow the Holy Spirit to love others through me. I pray that is my goal every day.

Here are the words of I Corinthians 13:4-8a:
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

I realize my physical limitations. I can't be everywhere I want to be, because there are too many people and needs. I can't meet the needs of everyone around me. I can't be the one to share the gospel with every soul around me. However, I can be sensitive to the leading of the Spirit each day, so that I go where He directs, and I meet who He wants me to meet. Then, I can show them this type of love. When I am able to do this, they will experience God's kind of love, even if it is on a limited basis, since I am not perfect. That encounter of love could show them the Lord and draw them to know Jesus and to live for the One who is Love. I believe all believers can and should live with that goal in mind.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 15-17.

Popular Posts