May 21, 2011 Is Not Doomsday

I was asked by a Facebook friend to comment on the frenzy about May 21, 2011 being the Rapture or Doomsday or the Judgment Day. I have not seen that much about it personally, but I have been told that there are billboards all over the country making this assertion and that people are talking about it on TV. I guess I have missed it because I don't watch much TV, and I have not taken any road trips lately. However, I can tell you that none of these things will occur on May 21, 2011.

The Bible makes it clear that no one except the Father knows the day or the hour of Christ's coming. It also says that we should not go running after any claims that Jesus is coming, because it will happen like lightning. There are various beliefs about the Rapture, but it is not a doomsday. It is the beginning of a terrible time called the Tribulation, but that will last 7 years. Also, there are two Judgment days, one for the believers and one for the unbelievers. Therefore, it could not be the Judgment Day, either.

Since I do not know any more about why this has been said, I will not speculate on why they are saying these things. However, I will say that we all need to be ready right now for the Rapture and the Judgment Day. The only way to be ready for these is to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior and to live a holy life. Let me explain. The Rapture is when all believers will be taken to Heaven, those who have died and those who are alive. Therefore, to be ready for the Rapture, we must have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ by repenting of our sins, putting our trust in Christ who died for our sins and rose again, and surrendering to Him as Lord of our lives. Then, we are to live a holy life. The word holy means to be set apart from the world to serve the Lord and to be separated from sin. Those are the things we will have to answer for on the Judgment Day. That is why I say we must do those two things to be ready for the Rapture and the Judgment Day.

I would encourage everyone to search the Bible for yourself. Don't just take my word for it, or anyone else's word for it. God has given us His Word, and His Word is clear.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 12-14.

Popular Posts