The Last Chapel of the School Year

This morning we had the final chapel services for this school year. I will really miss getting to meet with the students each week. Today, I wanted to leave them with something very important to consider during their summer break. Therefore, I gave the middle school students Psalms 143:8 for their last memory verse: "Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You."

I challenged them to begin their day with a time of prayer, so they would remember God's faithfulness and show their trust in Him by asking him to show them the way to live that day and lifting up their souls to Him. It is very simple. Besides being saved and having a personal relationship with Christ, there is nothing more important to the Christian than to exercise that relationship every day. I agree with King David that morning is best, because it gives the first part of our day to the Lord, and it shows Him that we are depending on Him not ourselves. It is the best way to show that Jesus is our Lord on a daily basis. When that is the case, our lives will be radically better than following our own way.

I pray that these students will learn this truth, and I hope you will, as well.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 21-24.

Popular Posts