Prophesying With Harps

Isn't it wonderful how God gives certain people the gift of prophesying with musical instruments and/or their voices? It adds a very important dimension to our ability to express our hearts to the Lord. There are some things that can be said better with music than with mere words.

Often, I hear people who have a great voice or a skill in playing an instrument. I do not believe that is a spiritual gift. They have a talent. Talents can and should be used for the Lord. However, when a person has the spiritual gift of prophesying with music, it adds a new dynamic. People hear not only the music, but the message comes through in a more powerful way. Prophecy is speaking forth the Word of God. Therefore, prophesying with music is sending forth the Word of the Lord with an instrument or with the voice.(I Chronicles 25:1)

I think we should all be thankful to God for making this a part of our way of knowing Him better and expressing our hearts to Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 27-29 and II Chronicles 1.

Popular Posts