April 20, 1982

It was 29 years ago today that my sister, Jan, passed away. I think of her often, but today, she has been on my mind all day. It has been 29 years now that she has been in Heaven with the Lord experiencing the glory of the Lord. I know she is doing well, but we miss her.

I remember well the day before she died. I did not spend the night in the hospital like my parents did, so I would come in the mornings to see her at Emory hospital. When I got there that morning, she greeted me warmly, and told me it was so good to see me and that she loved me. My parents told me that she did not sleep much at all the night before. She knew something was about to happen, and being the sweet sister she was, she wanted to see me. She was awake and alert a while after I arrived, but then, her heart gave out, and they had to take drastic measures to keep her alive. The next day her heart could take it no more, so she departed for Heaven. I know that was especially hard on my Mom and Dad, but we are all thankful that God gave us Jan for those 24 years.

This April 20 brings us all one more year closer to seeing her again. What a joyful reunion it will be!

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 24-26.

Popular Posts