Helping Each Other

One of the most satisfying feelings I get is when I help other people. I believe that is how God designed us. We need to realize our need for help and our need for each other, but sometimes, we are too independent. I like how Henry Blackaby says it. God intends for us to be "interdependent." This especially applies to Christians.

The society we live in promotes seclusion and privacy, so that we are separated from other people much more than in the past. Many times, we do not even know our neighbors. There are a lot of Christians who are not even well acquainted with the people sitting in the pews with them for worship. How can we really help each other, if we don't even know each other?

One of the best ways to get to know someone is to offer to help them with something. We spend time together. We talk as we work. We learn how to love the other person better. I hope each of us will make an opportunity to help someone else this week. God will bless it, and the by-product will be true happiness.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 21-23.

Popular Posts