The Greatest Friday in History

Most people refer to today as "Good Friday." I think that is an understatement of the highest sort. What happened on the Cross was beyond anything else that ever happened on any other Friday. God's Son, the Spotless Lamb, Jesus Christ gave Himself for each of us, so that we might be freed from the ravages of sin. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

It happens that today was my birthday, as well. I rejoice in the friends who wished me a happy birthday in so many ways. You are all so kind. I am so thankful that I had the health and the strength to run 6.5 miles this morning just for fun. I have a fantastic wife and family, all of whom love me so marvelously. My church family is such a dynamic fellowship of believers who love the Lord and want to do His will in this world. My life is filled with blessings! However, none can compare with Jesus' gift to me. He cleansed me from my sin, adopted me into His family, and He is preparing a place for me to be with Him and all of the saints for eternity. All of this, and I deserve none of it. It is all by His grace. I pray that each of us knows Him as Lord and Savior on this Greatest Friday in History. If not, He is waiting for you with open arms and nail-scarred hands.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 2-5.

Popular Posts