Full of His Joy

I get a thrill when I am able to answer questions for people who really want to know God's will. I feel like I am sharing God's Word in a way that honors Him and leads people to the truth. I was able to do that several times today.

One person with whom I spoke wanted to know how to have joy continually. I took him to John 15:11 where Jesus told His disciples that He wanted His joy to remain in them and to be full. What a blessing!

How does that happen? It happens when we remember the rest of John 15:1-10 about abiding in the Lord and bearing fruit. It is only by obedience and fruit bearing that we have His joy in full measure. I was able to explain our need to be cleansed from sin, so we can bear fruit at all. Then, we must be pruned of selfish things to bear more fruit. Finally, as we abide in Him, we bear much fruit. Once we get to that level we have continuous full joy from the Lord. That should be the goal of every believer.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 3-4 and Acts 7:44-60.

Popular Posts