Christian Friends

Tonight, we were able to visit with David and Lisa Collett and their girls for a while, since they are passing through Atlanta on their vacation. I have kept up with David a little by email and phone, but it is hard when both of us are busy. David was the associate pastor at NHBC when I came. He did the music and the youth ministry. I came to respect him highly as a man of integrity who truly loves the Lord. We had some good times talking theology and Bible at lunch, and he was always a good friend.

Now, he has been back in his home state of Texas for 6 years, and he is pastor of First Baptist Church in Mason. He is striving to follow God's will for his life and the church. It is a great challenge for all of us. I pray for David and the family regularly.

The greatest thing about real Christian friends is that when you see them again after a long time, it is like you were never apart. There is an instant rapport. You can just pick up where you left off. That is real fellowship. I believe that is how Heaven will be, too. Once we get there, and we meet our family and friends, we will just pick it up where we left off. The only main difference is that we will have eternity to be together. I pray all of you are ready to be with Jesus forever. It is going to be marvelous.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 11-13 and Acts 9:1-21.

Popular Posts