Fathers' Day Worship

Holidays make great worship times, because our hearts are already focused on something important. Then, once we come together the Lord is able to speak to our hearts even more easily. I pray that God spoke to your heart this Fathers' Day as you worshiped the Lord.

I was so pleasantly surprised to see all of the fathers we had in our service this morning. I could tell that many people had been praying, and the Holy Spirit had been working on a lot of men. The Lord had laid a challenging message on my heart for our church family, so I pray that it sunk in deeply. The key will be what we do with God's Word.

Men are unusual in that we don't like for anyone to tell us what to do. We want to be independent and control our own lives. That is a good trait in some ways, but it can be a fatal flaw at the same time. If a man hears from God, he must put aside those desires to be his own person and surrender to the King of Kings. I am afraid that is where the breakdown occurs. A regular male human being would rather be wrong and be his own man than to follow the wisdom of the God of the universe. Go figure. How does that make sense? It makes sense because pride is strong, and it always leads to a fall.

My prayer is that all of the fathers who read this and the men who heard from God this morning will put away the pride and do what God has told you to do. That is being a real man, and it is the only way to be a good father.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Esther 6-8 and Acts 6.

Popular Posts