Building the Church

There are certain things I pray every morning. Then, there are other things I pray for one day a week. I believe that is a good way to pray for everything in my life without taking up an inordinate amount of time each day from other things that need to be done, too.

I received an email from a friend this week asking for my help. It was a joy to respond that I could help him with his need. However, it was an extra blessing when I was able to tell him I was praying for him each week.

Then, today I received a call from an old friend wanting advice. I shared my advice, and I was also able to tell them that I was praying for them and their church. I pray for them each Thursday.

Every day I pray for Jesus to build His church. (Matthew 16:18) He is the only one who can build His church. He is the only one who can save souls and change lives. All I can do is be a tool in His hands. Therefore, I yield myself to Him each day, too. I believe that is His plan for building the church. It is not a program. It is listening to Him and doing His will. Then, He will use us to be a part of building the church. I hope you will join me each day as I pray that prayer. Let it be the cry of our hearts that Jesus would build His church and use us in the process.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 23-25 and Philippians 1.

Popular Posts