Being Kind and Forgiving

I must admit that I don't understand a Christian who is not kind to other people. Besides the fact that it is a command from God's Word, it is the only reasonable way to act.(Ephesians 4:32) Yes, I have been very angry before, and I have spoken harshly. However, I have to say that has been rare. I would tend not to say anything before being mean to someone.

The same thing can be said for being a forgiving person. I have been treated very badly by a number of people in my life. Most of them have been church members. As far as I know, I have forgiven all of them. Again, it is a command, but it is the only reasonable way to act. Why hold a grudge or take revenge on a person? That doesn't solve anything. It only makes things worse.

I think that being unkind and unforgiving does as much damage to Christianity as any single factor. When people see Christians who do not live up to Christ's standards, it makes them think that Jesus Christ is a farce. I, myself, don't want to be the reason anyone doubts Jesus. I want Him to shine through me in how I talk and how I act.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 20-22 and Ephesians 6.

Popular Posts