Growth is Part of Being Healthy

We have been enjoying our new granddaughter, Avenly. She is a beautiful little girl, and we thank God for her. We have been amazed at her growth since her birth four weeks ago. We went with Lori and Jeff to the doctor for her first checkup when we first arrived. The assistant weighed her and told us that she was growing faster than most babies. We were very glad to hear that good news. Then, we weighed her yesterday, and we found that she has been growing even faster since then. The growth is a sign of her good health. It is a blessing to see her chubby cheeks and her contented smile.

While I was thinking about the pictures I have taken since we arrived and the changes in Avenly, the Lord spoke to my heart about growth. Growth is a good thing for all of us. I know we stop growing physically, but we should keep growing in other ways, especially spiritually. Just like a lack of physical growth in a baby is a serious problem, so is a lack of spiritual growth in an adult or a youth. I am convinced that we can`t really please God unless we are growing closer to Him and growing to be more like Jesus. How is your growth? Is God pleased when He looks at where you were and where you are now? Does He see progress or not? As for me, I want to strive to keep growing no matter how long I live on this earth.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 11-13 and Ephesians 4.

Popular Posts