Access to the Father

There are many people to whom I do not have access. If I wanted to speak to President Bush about the economic crsis, I would be denied access to speak to him directly. I could not speak to Governor Perdue about the gasoline shortage in Atlanta, even if I had a solution. There are even some pastors I could not speak with personally, because their administrative assistants limit the people who have access to them. That is what makes Ephesians 2:18 so incredible. Once I came to know Christ, I had access to God by the Holy Spirit. I can talk with the Lord of the universe at any time, and He will answer me. I know this to be true, because it happens to me each day.

Our house church worship service this week focused on I Peter 2. We all took turns reading the verses until we finished the chapter. Then, we shared how God had led us to understand the truths of His Word in that passage. The only reason we could do that is because as believers, we each are able to know God and His Word personally. Our access to the Father enables us to receive insight into His Word. We need to make sure we hear from Him, but we can receive the instruction of the Spirit directly. Actually, our worship services each Sunday should be the gathering of a group of believers who have lived in their access to the Father all week, and they are coming together to celebrate that relationship and to share with other believers and those who have yet to believe what God has shown them that week.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 9-10 and Ephesians 3.

Popular Posts