Trusting Jesus for Everything

I have been asking Jesus to lead me in everything like I told you in a previous blog. If it is impossible to do anything apart from Him, then, I want to follow Him and allow Him to work through me. Then, I will know I am doing His will. Today, He came through in an amazing way twice. He is so wonderful.

I have been trying to get ready for the Ole Stockbridge Days Festival this Saturday, but I have been too busy with other things. Having a booth was Adam Castellaw's idea. He went last year, and there were no churches represented. I did not know anything about the festival, myself, but it is in line with going to where the people are and taking Jesus with us, so I thought it was great. Rusty Denton volunteered an awning, and we printed some new fliers for the church and about VBS to pass out. Several people volunteered to man the booth. It was coming together, but I needed a sign. I looked all over the church, but there was not a sign that said North Henry Baptist Church. I tried to make one myself on the computer, but that failed. While I was asking Terry Penn, how to do it, David Strickland walked in, and he heard my conversation. When I hung up the phone, David told me he would make a sign by air brushing it on a display board. What a blessing! Jesus sent him right at the right time to meet that need. Then, he volunteered to help me put up the awning in the evening, too.

When we went to put up the awning, it was broken. Rusty had loaned it out to someone, and he was unaware of the defect. We were trying to figure out how to fix it, when a lady I had never seen walked up and offered us her extra tent. It was even bigger than the one we had, and she helped us put it up in about 5 minutes. It was amazing! God had done it again. He always does it even better than I would do it. We hung up the nice sign David had made, and we were done. No thanks to me. Jesus had provided it all. I was just there to watch. That is the best way. Now, I am praying for Him to work in His marvelous way tomorrow, as we interact with the folks at the festival. I am looking forward to seeing what He will do next.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 10-12 and John 1:29-51.

Popular Posts