Planting Seeds

I spent the day at the Ole Stockbridge Days festival, except for a couple of hours going to see someone at the hospital in Atlanta. It was a warm day, but a nice day for meeting people and passing out information from the church. We were planting seeds of the gospel and for the church. I feel like a farmer who planted a whole field, and I am just as tired. However, I pray that God will bless our efforts and cause the seeds to grow for His glory.

It is not really my forte to approach people and take the initiative to start the conversation, but God gave me a lot of grace today, so it went well. I was a bit surprised to have so many people claim to attend church, but I probably shouldn't be. They tell us that 85% of the people in Henry County do not attend church services. However, well over 50% told us that they attended church as we were passing out our tracts and information. I am sure some were not completely truthful, but I imagine Christians go to nice clean fun like that more than other people, too.

I just pray that we will have several people come to church services and to VBS, because of our efforts to plant seeds today. Really, we ought to be planting seeds all of the time, and then, we would not have to have special events like this one. Maybe, we will all get the picture of lifestyle evangelism and ministry soon. I pray that I will.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 13-14 and John 2.

Popular Posts