Peace

Today, our lesson for the Good News Club at Cotton Indian Elementary School was about having peace. I tried to get across the meaning of peace and the fact that only Jesus can give us real, lasting peace. The children seemed to understand, but I found myself wondering if they had a problem with stress and conflict in their hearts. After all, they are just children. They don't have the stress that adults have in their lives.

Then, I remembered one of the prayer requests. We had one girl who asked for us to prayer for her to be able to see her father. She had not seen him in two and a half years. I realized that she had more stress because of that than I had in all my childhood. I always had my mom and dad. They loved me, and took good care of me, because they genuinely loved me. I did not have much stress as a child, but children do have a lot of stress now. They need the peace of Jesus to survive and thrive in this sinful world.

I pray that you know the peace of Christ. I pray that you will pass that on to your children and the children in your life. It is one of God's greatest blessings outside of salvation.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 1-3 and Luke 24:1-35.

Popular Posts