Playing Ball

We had a church softball game tonight. Yeah, I still play softball. I know it's crazy for someone my age to play softball with all of those young guys. I know I could hurt myself. However, there is one problem. I love playing ball. Ball is in my blood. I don't know how long I will be able to play, but let's just say, it might be a while before I call it quits.

When I came walking up to the field tonight a foul ball was hit toward me out of the field of play, so I put on my glove and caught it. A couple of our young guys were there, and they thought that was great. They told me good catch, and they were impressed, or at least, they acted impressed for the old man. I told them it was nothing, because I have been playing ball twice as long as they have been alive. When I said it, I wasn't really doing math, I was just estimating. However, when I thought about it, I have been playing ball in leagues since I was 7 years old, so that makes 46 years. Those guys were about 17, so I was right, and then some.

God has been so good to me. I can remember many lessons He taught me from baseball, softball, and golf. It is great to be able to get out with the young guys and get to know them. Believe me, all of the praise goes to Jesus. God can even use playing ball to do His will. What a wonderful God!

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 7-9 and John 1:1-35.

Popular Posts