Changed into a Different Person

I am not the same person I was before I met Jesus. That was a watershed moment in my life. He forgave my sins, adopted me into God's family, and gave me the Holy Spirit. That day I became a new creation in Christ. I was born again.

Saul had a similar experience in his life when the Spirit came upon him to anoint him to be king over Israel. (I Samuel 10:6) Samuel told him that at the time when the Spirit would come powerfully upon him, Saul would prophesy with other prophets, and he would be changed into a different person. It happened to Saul, and it can happen to us today.

The old man is the person we are before we meet Jesus. Then, we are dead in sin. We are slaves to sin. We are really just existing, not experiencing life as God designed it for us. In that state we can't help but sin, and Satan has his way with us to steal, kill, and destroy things in our lives. 

Anyone who knows Jesus is a new person, a new creation. (II Corinthians 5:21) Old things are passed away, all things are made new. We are born again. (John 3:1-16) We have the Spirit to guide us and empower us to live the abundant life. That is real life, and we are eternally that "different person" than who we were before we came to know Him.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Samuel 11-14.

Popular Posts