Who am I, O Lord?

No, I am not having an identity crisis. I am reflecting on how good the Lord has been to me and to may family over the years. I can see how far He has brought me, and I wonder, like King David did, why did You choose to bless me so abundantly Lord? (I Chronicles 17:16) I believe David's humble prayer should be an inspiration for all of us to do some reflection.

I can't imagine why God chose to call me into the ministry as a teenager, but I am so glad that He did. He has blessed me through all of the dear brothers and sisters in Christ that I have served alongside of over the years. I did not deserve any of that. God blessed me with the perfect wife as an answer to my prayers and to Chris' prayers, and we have had such a fantastic marriage! God has provided for us, even when things were very tight financially, and I believe He will continue, since He is always faithful. He blessed me with 3 wonderful, Christian children and now 7 grandchildren. That is beyond amazing to me, when I see them loving the Lord and serving Him. It has been my privilege to be the pastor of 5 churches over the last 41+ years. Each one was very unique, and each one is dear to my heart in its own special way. All of this was begun by my parents, who nurtured me and provided a stable, loving home for me, and who have been praying for me all of my days. Like I said to start with, I do not know who I am to have deserved all of these blessings, plus so many more. I could go on and on. I pray that each of us will take some time to consider the goodness of the Lord and how He has brought us thus far. I am going to keep praising Him and loving Him. What about you?

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 21-24.

Popular Posts